"POOL-QUAY, a village and a chapelry in Guilsfield parish, Montgomery. The village stands on the river Severn and on the Cambrian railway, 4 miles N N E of Welshpool; has a station on the railway, and a ferryacross the Severn; and carries on a trade in the export ofbarytes. The chapelry was constituted in 1862; ..." [From John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72 on A Vision of Britain through Time.]
A parish formed out of Cegidfa/Guilsford & Y Trallwng/Welshpool in 1863
Lewis, William J. James Baker and the Pool Quay smelthouse. Montgomeryshire Collections 88 (2000), p. 25-35 Parish of Pool Quay : Parish Church of St.John the Evangelist: memorial inscriptions. [S.1.] : Montgomeryshire Genealogical Society , c2000 44p
Williams, David H. The Parish of Pool Quay with Arddleen (Ardd-Llîn) : a history. Aberystwyth : Rev. David H. Williams], 2003. 32p
Church and chapel data from The Religious census of 1851 : A Calendar of the returns relating to Wales, Vol 11, North Wales. Ed. by Ieuan Gwynedd Jones, UWP, 1981. The names given towards the end of each entry are those of the informants.
As a guide only, the principal extant parochial church records for this parish span the dates shown below (as detailed in Parish Registers of Wales, NLW 2000) but exact current holdings should be confirmed with the individual Archives;
Baptisms 1863-1978; Marriages 1864-1970; Burials 1863-1978
Parish Registers, or copies, for all or part of these dates are held at the NLW, and/or Powys Archives.
Bishops Transcripts - none detailed for the separate parish