"CALDICOTT, a parish in the upper division of the hundred of Caldicott, in the county of Monmouth, 5 miles to the S.W. of Chepstow, its post town. It is situated in a fertile district on the N. bank of the river Severn, near the South Wales railway, and is crossed by the Pill, a small stream which falls into the Severn. The whole level tract extending westward from this place to the mouth of the Usk is called Caldicott Level, and was first reclaimed, drained, and cultivated by the monks of Goldcliff. It was formerly called the Moors, and was frequently inundated."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868)
Birbeck, Thomas T. Caldicot and district : old houses and families. Chepstow : Chepstow Society, 1978. 54p.
Birbeck, T T. Caldicot Castle. [Chepstow] : Chepstow Rural District Council, 1965,1969(printing) 36p.
Birbeck, T T. Sword and ploughshare : the story of the De Bohuns and Caldicot. Chepstow : Chepstow Society,  180p.
Bradney, Joseph A. A history of Monmouthshire : from the coming of the Normans into Wales down to the present time. Vol.4.; Pt.1.; Pt.1,; The hundred of Caldicot. Cardiff : Merton Priory Press, 1994. 148p.
Cliffe, Stuart. Llanthony Secunda Manor, Caldicot. Gwent Local History 78 (1995), p. 33.
Gant, Robert A note on the employment and migration of Severn Tunnel construction workers Gwent Local History vol 41 1976 Welsh Journals Online
Gant, R L Dr. Caldicot, 1840-1975: a study in village development Gwent Local History vol 44 1978 Welsh Journals Online
Grant, Robert. Caldicot wireworks, 1871 : a study in social geography. Gwent Local History vol 58 1985 Welsh Journals Online
Grant, Robert. Industrial change in Caldicot and Portskewett : an analysis of marriage registers, 1840-1920. Gwent Local History vol 62 1987 Welsh Journals Online
Jones, Malcolm. Caldicot and the villages of the Moor in old photographs : including the villages of Portskewett, Sudbrook, Rogiet, Undy, Magor and Redwick. Volume 1. Abertillery : Old Bakehouse, 1995. 128p.
Parry, Steven. Caldicot : a late Bronze Age maritime site in Gwent. Archaeology in the Severn Estuary (1990), p. 5-11.
Church and chapel data from The Religious census of 1851 : A Calendar of the returns relating to Wales, Vol 1, South Wales. Ed. by I.G Jones, & D. Williams. UWP, Cardiff, 1976. The names given towards the end of each entry are those of the informants. Check with Gwent RO to see what extant records are held, and possible names of chapels/churches built after 1851.
Caldicott Parish; Statistics; Area 3158 acres; Population 338 males, 323 females, total 661
Caldicott Parish Church - Attendance - morning 90+45 scholars, afternoon 80+20 scholars 2 services in English "Almost half of the parish live at some distance from the church" E T Williams MA, Vicar
Kain, R.J.P., Oliver, R.R., Historic Parishes of England and Wales: an Electronic Map of Boundaries before 1850 with a Gazetteer and Metadata [computer file]. Colchester, Essex: History Data Service, UK Data Archive [distributor], 17 May 2001. SN: 4348. Here is a gazetteer/finding aid plus a set of overview maps to accurately identify the position of parishes within the county.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference ST484886 (Lat/Lon: 51.593826, -2.746320), Caldicot which are provided by: