We are in the process of upgrading the site to implement a content management system.
DIXTON-NEWTON, Monmouthshire - Extract from National Gazetteer, 1868
The National Gazetteer
"DIXTON-NEWTON, a parish in the lower division of the hundred of Skenfreth, in the county of Monmouth, 1 mile N.E. of Monmouth. It is situated on the river Wye, and contains the hamlets of Dixton-Hadnock and Wyesham. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Hereford, value £223, in the patronage of E. Machen, Esq."
"DIXTON-HADNOCK, a hamlet in the parish of Dixton Newton, in the lower division of the hundred of Skenfreth, in the county of Monmouth, as below."
"NEWTON-DIXTON, a parish in the lower division of Skenfreth hundred, county Monmouth. See Dixton-Newton."
"WYESHAM, a hamlet in the parish of Newton Dixton, county Monmouth, 2 miles N.E. of Monmouth."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868)
Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]