Report problems or contribute information
We are in the process of upgrading the site to implement a content management system.
"MAES-Y-CWMMER is a hamlet of the parish of Bedwas, 4½ miles north, and partly included in the ecclesiastical parish of Mynyddysluyn, and has a chapel of ease of stone, consisting of chancel, nave, porch and a bell turret, containing one bell: there are 200 sittings. The Rev. J.A. Williams is curate-in-charge. Here are Baptist, Welsh Congregational and Calvinistic Methodist chapels."
[Description(s) from Kelly's Directory of Monmouthshire & S Wales, 1895]
- Monumental Inscriptions (on microfiche) for the following burial grounds::
are available from the Glamorgan Family History Society. Please visit their website for information on how to purchase.
- Church of All Saints
- Zoar Methodist Church
- Tabor United Reformed Church
- All Saints, Maesycwmer, Other
- Maesycwmer Baptist Church (Maesycwmmer), Commercial Street, , Maesycwmer Baptist Church (Maesycwmmer), Commercia, Maesycwmer, Other
- Methodist Chapel (Wesleyan), Maesycwmmer, Methodist Chapel (Wesleyan), Maesycwmmer, Other
- Mount Pleasant Baptist Chapel (Wesleyan Methodist;Bethel Pen, Mount Pleasant Baptist Chapel (Wesleyan Methodist;, Other
- Tabor Welsh Congregational Chapel (United Reformed Church), , Tabor Welsh Congregational Chapel (United Reformed, Other
- Zoar (Soar) Calvinistic Methodist Chapel, Main Street And Ge, Zoar (Soar) Calvinistic Methodist Chapel, Main Str, Other
- Zoar Chapel (English Presbyterian And Calvinistic Methodist), Zoar Chapel (English Presbyterian And Calvinistic , Other
You can also perform a more selective search for
churches in the Maesycwmmer area
that are recorded in the GENUKI church database. This will also help
identify other churches in nearby townships and/or parishes. You also have the option to see the
of the churches marked on a map.
You can see pictures of Maesycwmmer which are provided by:
You can see the administrative areas
in which Maesycwmmer has been placed at times in the past.
Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
- Kain, R.J.P., Oliver, R.R., Historic Parishes of England and Wales: an Electronic Map of Boundaries before 1850 with a Gazetteer and Metadata [computer file]. Colchester, Essex: History Data Service, UK Data Archive [distributor], 17 May 2001. SN: 4348. Here is a gazetteer/finding aid plus a set of overview maps to accurately identify the position of parishes within the county.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference ST155945 (Lat/Lon: 51.642883, -3.222602), Maesycwmmer which are provided by: