Towns & Parishes
"MAES-Y-CWMMER is a hamlet of the parish of Bedwas, 4½ miles north, and partly included in the ecclesiastical parish of Mynyddysluyn, and has a chapel of ease of stone, consisting of chancel, nave, porch and a bell turret, containing one bell: there are 200 sittings. The Rev. J.A. Williams is curate-in-charge. Here are Baptist, Welsh Congregational and Calvinistic Methodist chapels."
[Description(s) from Kelly's Directory of Monmouthshire & S Wales, 1895]
- Monumental Inscriptions (on microfiche) for the following burial grounds::
are available from the Glamorgan Family History Society. Please visit their website for information on how to purchase.
- Church of All Saints
- Zoar Methodist Church
- Tabor United Reformed Church
- Tabor Congregational Church, Maesycwmmer - transcription of a booklet commemorating its Centenary, 1829 - 1929, provided by Sandra Croushore-Rooke.
- Tabor Congregational Church, Maesycwmmer (alternative layout) transcription of a booklet commemorating its Centenary, 1829 - 1929, provided by Sandra Croushore-Rooke.
- See John Ball's site Welsh Churches and Chapels Collection for a photograph/data re Tabor Congregational Chapel, Tabor Rd, Maesycwmmer
See the Monmouthshire county page for links to online records
- Maesycwmmer - Records of Tabor Congregational Chapel and United Reformed Church held at Glamorgan Record Office - with biographical notes.
Description and Travel
- Maesycwmmer - on wikipedia
- Maesycwmmer - on caerphilly.gov.uk
- Maesycwmmer photographs - on geograph.org.uk
- Kain, R.J.P., Oliver, R.R., Historic Parishes of England and Wales: an Electronic Map of Boundaries before 1850 with a Gazetteer and Metadata [computer file]. Colchester, Essex: History Data Service, UK Data Archive [distributor], 17 May 2001. SN: 4348. Here is a gazetteer/finding aid plus a set of overview maps to accurately identify the position of parishes within the county
(Last updated - Gareth Hicks - 2 Jan 2012)
Find help, report problems, and contribute information.
Copyright © GENUKI and Contributors 1996 to date
GENUKI is a registered trade mark of the charitable trust GENUKI