Parish registers: Christenings (1721-36, 1745-85, 1793-1887), Marriages (1721-1917) Banns (1824-1952), Burials (1721-36, 1745-85, 1793-1974) at Pem.RO
Copy ts PR [extracts] C (1722-1812) M (1729-1884) B (1721-1839) at NLW and Pem.RO
Mf copy ms PR CB (1745-73) M (1745-72) [Cardiff Central Library MS.2.116] at NLW
Bishops' Transcripts, covering the period (1800-7, 1809-19, 1823-71) are at the National Library of Wales, and have been microfilmed by the LDS - Call Number: 1238658.
See Bap/Mar/Bur data on FreeReg
- Bethesda, in Haverfordwest town [Baptists, 1788]. Records ; 1. papers and accounts, 1823-94 plus material relating to the Sunday School building fund etc, NLW Ms 2986-2989. 2. List of subscribers with amounts to the Baptist burial ground 1841-42, NLW 2990. SM9511815675 Built 1788-9, modified, altered or rebuilt 1816, destroyed by explosion & rebuilt in 1842, rebuilt as present chapel 1880 Still open 2000 Coflein On Dyfed FHS
- Tabernacle [Independents, 1774], Barn St / City Rd Records ; births and baptisms, 1790-1837 at PRO RG4/3475 and 4075 , and have been microfilmed by the LDS - Call Number: 813551, IGI. SM9509715744 Built 1774, re-opened as a Congregational chapel 1790, repaired 1851, rebuilt or restored 1874 Still open 1993 Coflein On Dyfed FHS
Rees, Thomas & John Thomas. Hanes Eglwysi Annibynnol Cymru (History of the Welsh Independent Churches), 4 volumes (published 1871+). Here is the entry from this book for this chapel (in Welsh ) with translation by Maureen Saycell (April 2008)
- Chapel, in Haverfordwest town [Wesleyan Methodists, 1772]. Records ; 1. Births and baptisms, 1826-37 at PRO RG4/3962 , and have been microfilmed by the LDS - Call Number: 813551, IGI. 2. Haverfordwest and Milford Haven Circuits ; baptismal registers 1842-1934, circuit schedule and plans, quarterly minutes, accounts 1889-1980 at Pem RO [DFC/M/9] 3. A small pamphlet, 32 pp, regarding history of this chapel ; a bicentenary exhibition, 1763-1963, 10pp. article on this cause in Methodist Magazine 1836, p139, and Methodist Recorders, 1901 and 1903. Wesleyan Methodist Archives, John Rylands Library, Manchester. 4. On page 260 of the book Origin and History of Methodism in Wales by David Young, the author mentions a circuit book that dated from 1771. It gave the names , states, and occupations of the members of the circuit. It was still in existence in 1893 when he wrote this book. On Dyfed FHS [is this the same place as on St Mary's ?]
Dyfed FHS have published a series of indexes of baptisms, marriages and burials from Pembrokeshire hundreds for various periods.