[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer (1868)]
"BETTWS-DISSERTH, a parish in the hundred of Colwyn, in the county of Radnor, South Wales, 7 miles to the W. of New Radnor, its post town. It lies near the head of the river Edwy. The living is a curacy, consolidated with that of Disserth, in the diocese of St. David's. The church is dedicated to St. Mary. There are several small endowments for the benefit of the poor."