[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer
"LLANDDEWYFACH, a parish in the hundred of Painscastle, county Radnor, 5 miles N.W. of Hay, its post town, and 14 from Brecon. It is situated on a tributary of the river Wye, called the Bachwy. The village is a small rustic place. The living is a vicarage annexed to that of Llowes, in the diocese of St. David's. The church is dedicated to St. David."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868)
Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]
These pages are intended for personal use only, so please respect our Conditions
LLANDDEWI-VACH (LLAN-DDEWI-VACH), a parish in the hundred of PAINSCASTLE, county of RADNOR, SOUTH WALES, 5 1/2 miles (N. W. by W.) from Hay, containing 136 inhabitants. This parish, the name of which signifies " the lesser church of St. David," is skirted on the north and west by the small river Bachwy, by which it is separated from the adjacent parish of Llanbedr-Painscastle. The living is a perpetual curacy, annexed to the vicarage of Llowes, in the archdeaconry of Brecknock, and diocese of St. David's : the tithes are appropriated to the archdeacon of Brecknock, who is patron of the united benefice. The church, dedicated to St. David, is situated close to a wood called Allt Ddew, but is not distinguished by any remarkable architectural features. A Sunday school is supported by subscription. The average annual expenditure for the support of the Poor is £ 101.2.
(Copied using the Cd published by Archive CD Books)