"LLANDEWI - YSTRADENNY (LLAN-DDEWI-YSTRADENAU), a parish partly in the hundred of KEVENLLEECE, and partly in that of KNIGHTON, county of RADNOR, SOUTH WALES, 4 miles (N.) from Pen y Bont, containing 653 inhabitants. This parish ........... is situated on the river Ithon, and intersected by the turnpike road leading from Builth, in Brecknockshire, to Newtown, in the county of Montgomery.................The living is a perpetual curacy, in the archdeaconry of Brecknock, and diocese of St. David's, endowed with £600 royal bounty, and £200 parliamentary grant, and in the patronage of the Prebendary of Llanbister in the Collegiate Church of Brecknock..............The church, dedicated to St. David, has been lately rebuilt ....................The average annual expenditure for the maintenance of the poor amounts to £316. 9 .........." ( A Topographical Dictionary of Wales, Samuel Lewis, 1833)
Church and chapel data from The Religious census of 1851 : A Calendar of the returns relating to Wales, Vol 1, South Wales. Ed. by I.G Jones, & D. Williams. UWP, Cardiff, 1976. The names given towards the end of each entry are those of the informants.
Llandewy-Ystradenny Parish consisting of part of Llanfihangel-Rhydithon Township, Mystyrrhoesllowdy Township and Church Township; Statistics; Area 8075 acres; Population 362 males, 324 females, total 692
Detailed information on deposited registers and transcripts for this parish is given on the Powys Archives page Radnorshire parish registers
As a guide only, the principal extant parochial church records for this parish span the dates shown below (as detailed in Parish Registers of Wales, NLW 2000) but exact current holdings should be confirmed with the individual Archives;
Baptisms 1732-1751, 1758-1946; Marriages 1732-1751, 1754-1971; Burials 1732-1751, 1758-1981; Banns 1826-1957 Parish Registers, or copies, for all or part of these dates are held at the NLW and/or Powys Archives. Bishops Transcripts for various periods are held at the NLW
Kain, R.J.P., Oliver, R.R., Historic Parishes of England and Wales: an Electronic Map of Boundaries before 1850 with a Gazetteer and Metadata [computer file]. Colchester, Essex: History Data Service, UK Data Archive [distributor], 17 May 2001. SN: 4348. Here is a gazetteer/finding aid plus a set of overview maps to accurately identify the position of parishes within the county