"LLANSTEPHAN, a parish in the hundred of Painscastle, county Radnor, 6 miles W. of Hay, its post town, and 7 S.E. of Builth. It is situated on the rivers Bachwy and Wye. The living is a perpetual curacy in the diocese of St. David's, value £67, in the patronage of the bishop. The church is dedicated to St. Stephan. The charities amount to about £8 per annum."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of
Great Britain and Ireland (1868)
Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]
Find help, report problems, and contribute information.
[ 6 Dec 2007 - Gareth Hicks]
Copyright © GENUKI and Contributors 1996