Places of worship within 2 miles of SD652059
Google maps can be panned to view an area off the map, by clicking and dragging the map. You can also select a church from the links in the list further down this page to centre the map on a particular one.
If this county section of the database is being actively developed you can also drag and drop a church marker if it is in the wrong place, and then enter a dialogue to report it to us. Also if a church is missing you can drag and drop any existing marker to an appropriate location and use the option to report it to us.
- + All Saints, Hindley, Church of England
- + St Bartholomew, Westhoughton, Church of England
- + St Elizabeth of Hungary, Aspull, Church of England
- + St George, Atherton, Church of England
- + St James, Atherton, Free Church of England
- + St James, Daisy Hill, Church of England
- + St John The Evangelist, Hindley Green, Church of England
- + St John the Baptist, Atherton, Church of England
- + St John the Evangelist, Wingates, Church of England
- + St Margaret, Pennington Green, Church of England
- + St Phillip, Atherton, Church of England
- + St Thomas and St John, Lostock, Church of England
- + Castle Hill Rd, Cemetery, Hindley
- + Cemetery St, Cemetery, Westhoughton
- + Leigh Rd, Cemetery, Atherton
- + Alma St, Primitive Methodist, Atherton
- + Argyle Street, Independent Methodist, Hindley
- + Bag Lane, Wesleyan Methodist, Atherton
- + Bethel, Hindley Green, United Methodist Free Church
- + Bridgewater St, Primitive Methodist, Hindley
- + Central Methodist, Atherton, Methodist
- + Dicconson Lane , Independent Methodist , Westhoughton
- + Dixon St, Independent Methodist, Wingates
- + Hindley Road, Primitive Methodist, Westhoughton
- + Laburnam St, Wesleyan Methodist, Atherton
- + Mealhouse Lane, Independent Methodist, Atherton
- * Independent Methodist, Aspull
- * Wesleyan Methodist, Deane
- + St John's Rd, Wesleyan Methodist, Chew Moor
- + Trinity, Westhoughton, Wesleyan Methodist
- + Wigan Rd, Primitive Methodist, Westhoughton
- + Sacred Heart of Jesus, Hindley Green, Roman Catholic
- + Sacred Heart of Jesus, Westhoughton, Roman Catholic
- + St Richard of Chichester, Atherton, Roman Catholic
- + Alma St, Evangelical, Atherton
- + Argyle Street, Christian Meeting House, Hindley
- + Bolton Rd, Pentecostal, Westhoughton
- + Gorsey Road, Church of Christ, Hindley
- + Kingdom Hall, Leigh, Jehovah's Witness
- + Seacome Hall Chapel, Atherton, Unknown
- + Wigan Rd, Gospel Hall, Westhoughton
Key to map icons
ColourChurches are grouped according to denomination, e.g. all the types of Methodism are grouped together. Each group has its own colour.
ShapeThe icons used for churches for which we have an exact location have a teardrop shape.
If we only have an approximate location (usually within a street), a square icon is used.
If we only know it is in a town or place, but for which we haven't yet found even an approximate location, an icon with jagged edges is used. The marker for these is placed at a random location within a 1 Km square on the map.
If you would like to notify us of a more accurate church location, just drag the appropriate marker to the new location and then click the notify link which will then appear. Zooming and using the satellite image may help with this. In the list of churches below the map, those with an approximate location are marked with a +, and those where we don't even have an approximate location are marked with a *. Click the + or * to show a map containing just that icon.