Help and Advice for Bicker
|Help with Family History problems.||Surname information.|
|Contribute information.||Report problems.|
If you want an answer quickly, then ask it on an email lists.
Please don't ask for personal advice from the Bicker page maintainer, as frequently he does not have the local knowledge that you require, or the time to provide such a service.GOONS members collect and research information about all occurrences of the particular surname they are researching.
The other source of place to look is the surname lists that individuals maintain for
particular locations. Have a look at the
You may wish to contribute some information about Bicker.
If you want to supply information about your own family, or a link to your family
web page, then I'm sorry but you're out of luck. We are trying to provide information
that will interest most users, and that would tend to be swamped by personal
information. Links to personal pages are also a maintenance nightmare, as experience
has shown that they change URL's or disappear quite frequently. I suggest you use the
surname lists for this purpose.
Now if that hasn't put you off, it is quite likely that you may know some basic facts that will be of use to other people. For example look at a page with plenty of information, Lytham. That's bound to give you some ideas of what can be provided. In particular I need to know the basic items, which frequently need a bit of local knowledge.
- Which is the local library which holds the local studies information for Bicker?
- Which local Register Office holds the records for Bicker?
- What are the GRO piece numbers and LDS film numbers for the censuses?
- Are there any census indexes, apart from 1881, and who publishes them? If they exist but aren't published, where do you find them?
- Is there a local history or other society that may have relevant information?
- Have any books been published about Bicker?
- Then there are details of what useful records exist, have they been published etc.
So if you know any of this information, and it's not currently on the Bicker page, then do let us know on the form at the bottom of the page. If the appropriate town/parish page hasn't appeared yet, then please be patient and wait till it is.
Send message to Lou MillsThe following header will appear at the start of the email, and your name and email address will be added at the end.