- This place shown on a Google map.
- Google Streetview
- Open StreetMap
- Bing (was Multimap)
- National Library of Scotland
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)
- Nearby townships/parishes shown on a Google map.
- Nearby places shown on a Google map.
For modern maps, Streetmap provides a larger map on the screen and for exact locations an arrow pointing to them. Multimap tends to give a little more detail on street names, and it has aerial maps. Zoom in on the location, and click the camera icon. If you move the mouse over the picture it shows the names of the streets.