- This place shown on a Google map.
- Google Streetview
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Open StreetMap
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Best site for old maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)
- Nearby townships/parishes shown on a Google map.
- Nearby places shown on a Google map.
For modern maps, Streetmap provides a larger map on the screen and for exact locations an arrow pointing to them. Multimap tends to give a little more detail on street names, and it has aerial maps. Zoom in on the location, and click the camera icon. If you move the mouse over the picture it shows the names of the streets.