Change Log 4th Quarter 1999
Change Log 4th Quarter 1999
- As servers change, the links go out of date. When this happens,
the links are removed from these pages as it is felt that the
effort in keeping them up to date is too great - the text of
course remains. For current links please go to the appropriate
- Additions are made to this file as I am told about them.
As a result of this I could well be adding change data for things
which happened a month ago - so please scan the whole file each
time you come here.
- Surnames Interest
list files tend to be updated about once per month, and
thus are not normally listed here.
Latest updates at bottom of page.
6 Oct 1999
- Links added: Kincardineshire GenWeb.
- Links added: Bedfordshire GenWeb.
- Links added: National Archives of Scotland.
- Links added: Angus Genweb.
- Links added: Monmouthshire Genweb.
- Links added: Dorset GenWeb.
10 Oct 1999
- West Riding of Yorkshire
- Links added: Bradford Cathedral; St. John's Church; St. James'
Church; History of St. Michael the Archangel's Church; Kirkby
15 Oct 1999
- Isle of Man
- Links added: Isle of Man GenWeb; United Kingdom and Ireland
Genealogical Events (GENEVA).
16 Oct 1999
- County Wexford
- Links added: GenWeb - Wexford.
- County Tyrone
- Links added: GenWeb - Co. Tyrone.
- County Meath
- Links added: GenWeb - Meath.
- County Louth
- Links added: GenWeb - Louth.
- County Laois (Queens)
- Links added: GenWeb - Laois.
- County Fermanagh
- Links added: GenWeb - Fermanagh.
- County Cork
- Links added: GenWeb - Cork
17 Oct 1999
- Links added: Wiltshire GenWeb.
18 Oct 1999
- Links added: LDS Family History Centres.
- Links added: Picture of Eggleston, Holy Trinity; 1854 Fire
and Explosion in Gateshead; Name Index of Victims of the 1854
Disaster; Great Fire of 1854 - an early account.
- Links added: Names Found in "Banbury - A History".
21 Oct 1999
- Links added: Perthshire GenWeb pages.
- Links added: Lincolnshire County Council's Pages; Lincolnshire
22 Oct 1999
- Pages relocated: Bywell St Andrew; Bywell St Peter. Links
added: Local Dialect from Newcastle Community News; Church Records
- Links and Information; Photograph of Bywell, St Andrew; Church
Records - Links and Information; Photograph of Bywell, St Peter;
Map illustrating the growth of Newcastle-upon-Tyne.
- East Lothian
- All parishes now have a location map, showing their relative
position in the county, and an extended gazetteer entry.
24 Oct 1999
- North Riding of Yorkshire
- Links added: St. Botolph's Church; Catterick, St. Anne's
Church; St. Martin's Priory Tower.; St. Martin's Priory Wall
remnants..; Richmond, St. Mary's Church.
- Links added: Kendal Library; IGI batch numbers; Interactive
Map; EdenLinks; Settle-Carlisle Railway; Online Parish Locator;
Index to Cumbria FHS Newsletters; Towns and Parishes Index; Print
of Appleby; Print of Eamont Bridge; Print of Brougham Hall; Great
Musgrave; Photograph of Main St; Photographs of Kirkby Stephen;
Print of Lowther Castle; Print of Lowther Castle; Photograph
of Lowther Castle; Print of Mardale Green; Great Strickland Chapel;
Over Staveley; Print of Patterdale; Print of Patterdale Bridge;
Photograph of Shap Abbey.
26 Oct 1999
- Links added: Herefordshire GenWeb; Little Hereford, Herefordshire;
St. Mary Magdalene Church; 1896 Description of Stoke Bliss.
27 Oct 1999
- Links added: Local Libraries.
- Links added: Resources for Staffordshire Researchers; Local
History Site - Sir Thomas Boughey High School.
29 Oct 1999
- Links added: Somerset Genweb; Photographs of St Michael's
Church, and Almshouses.
30 Oct 1999
- Channel Islands
- Links added: Index to The Strangers Cemetery.
31 Oct 1999
- Links added: OS Gazetteer - Online Search Facility; United
Kingdom and Ireland Genealogical Events (GENEVA); Scottish Association
of Family History Societies.
- UK and Ireland
- Links added/amended: Timeline - Up to 1500 AD; Timeline -
1500 to 1899; Timeline - 1900 to date; OS Gazetteer - Online
Search Facility; British Isles GenWeb Project; United Kingdom
and Ireland Genealogical Events (GENEVA); Medieval History; Maritime
Research; Florence Nightingale Nurses; Staff of the Civil Hospital
Renkioi (Crimean War); Pubs, Inns and Taverns Index; Local History
1 Nov 1999
- Mailing Lists
- Links added to details of: JACOBITES; SCT-CAITHNESS.
- New parish pages: Holt; Little Witley. Links added: The 1888
map of Worcestershire; History of the Parish of Holt; History
of the Parish of Little Witley.
- GENUKI Home Page
- Links added: User-Contributed Reviews of the Main Genealogy
Programs; Web Stats October 1999; Web Stats September 1999.
2 Nov 1999
- Links added: Midlothian Surname List.
- Links added: Hertfordshire Towns and Parishes; Picture of
Aspenden, St. Mary; Picture of Clothall; Picture of Cottered,
St. John the Baptist; Picture of St. Andrew's Holy Cross, Much
Hadham; Picture of Sawbridgeworth, Great St. Mary; Picture of
Standon, St. Mary; Picture of Thorley, St. James the Great; Picture
of Holy Trinity, Throcking; Picture of Widford, St. John the
Baptist; Picture of All Saints, Willian.
- Links added: Immigrant Ships Transcribers Guild. Page moved:
3 Nov 1999
- Links added: List of Names from Histories.
- Link amended: Surnames List.
- Links added: Town Trail for Ardrossan; Lugar's history; Pigot's
Directory 1837; Rich Pettit's Maybole site; Stevenston Town Trail.
- Pages relocated to above address
- Links added: Gloucestershire F.H.S.'s Marriage Index, 1800-37.;
Kings Stanley Marriages; Gloucestershire GenWeb; About the Cotswolds
Olympics; Inscriptions at the church of St. Peter & St. Paul;
Bourton on the Hill Links; Fishponds Local History Society; Names
from the book, 'Bristol Postscripts'; The Inscriptions of the
Chipping Campden church; Chipping Campden Baptisms, Marriages
& Burials; "Ready to protect the county" Chipping
Campden Wills; Hartpury Vicars; St George's Church, Kings Stanley;
Prominent Moreton-in-Marsh Families, baptisms and burials; Moreton
in Marsh Wills.
4 Nov 1999
- Parish page added: Barony. Links added: Indexes for the 1861
census; Virtual Mitchell Library; Indexing the records of St.
Andrew's Episcopal Church; Presbytery of Lanark; Lesmahagow High
5 Nov 1999
- Links added: Parish Registers held at the Caernarfon Area
Record Office; Caernarvonshire GenWeb.
- Links added: Parish Registers held at Merioneth Record Office;
- Links added: Hampshire GenWeb; Isle of Wight GenWeb; Will
Abstracts for part of the county; Isle of Wight Towns and Parishes;
Isle of Wight GenWeb.
6 Nov 1999
- New Parish page: Cambridge; All Saints; Holy Sepulchre; Holy
Trinity; St Andrew the Great; St Andrew the Less; St Benedict;
St Botolph; St Clement; St Edward; St Giles; St Mary the Great;
St Mary the Less; St Michael; St Peter. Links added: Cambridgeshire
Deeds; Cambridge Schools; Cambridge University; University Library;
Pitt Press, or University Printing Office; Christ's College;
Clare College; Corpus Christi College; Downing College; Emmanuel
College; Fitzwilliam House; Girton College; Gonville & Caius
College; Jesus College; King's College; Magdalene College; Newnham
College; Pembroke College; Peterhouse; Queens' College; St Catharine's
College; St John's College; Selwyn College; Sidney Sussex College;
Trinity College; Trinity Hall.
- Links added/amended: Yorkshire Folk talk; Electronic Map
of Yorkshire; Parishes for Each of the Ridings; List of Officers
in the North Yorks Militia and the Yorkshire Regiment; .
- Links added: Yates' map of Lancashire in 1786; G. Hennet's
map of Lancashire in 1829; Anglican churches; Accrington Pals;
Altham Anglican churches; Webcam at Ashton Town Centre; Anglican
churches; Local studies holdings; Bleasdale Anglican church;
Briercliffe Anglican church; Burnley Anglican churches; Church
Kirk Anglican church; Clayton le Moors Anglican church; Copp
chapel; Feniscowles Anglican church; Garstang Anglican churches;
Goosnargh Anglican church; Hambleton Anglican church; Haslingden
Anglican church; Holme in Cliviger Anglican church; Inskip Anglican
church; Lower Darwen Anglican church; Baptist church; Trafford
library; Map showing Oldham Library; Map of Oldham Town Centre;
Oswaldtwistle Anglican churches; Out Rawcliffe Anglican church;
Over Darwen Anglican church; Padiham Anglican churches; Pilling
Anglican church; Stalmine Anglican church; Whitechapel Anglican
church; Witton Anglican church; Woodplumpton Anglican church;
Worsthorne Anglican church.
7 Nov 1999
- Public Record Office
- Links added/amended: FRC Group Visits and Tours; Newsletter
for Customers Autumn 1999; Open Day at the Public Record Office;
Images from the Open Day - 1; Images from the Open Day - 2; Medieval
and Early Modern; MEMRIS and academic research; Specialist advisers
in MEMRIS; Keeping in touch with MEMRIS; The Map and Large Document
Room; A specialist advice service; Specialist Advice Services;
MEMRIS Update; Probate Records from 1858; Prisoners of War and
Displaced Persons (1939-1953); Learning Curve - Snapsnots; No
1 The Royal Seal of Approval; No 2 What Happened in 1567 at Kirk-O-Field
?; Teachers Notes; Plan of Kirk-O-Field; Extract from a letter;
Statements of May Croket and Barbara Mertine; Report by Mr.Law,
a British Businessmen, who worked in Germany (1937); Report on
a conversation with Count Bernstorff.; Cartoon drawn by British
artist during the Second World War.; A short description of Hitler
prepared by the British Embassy in Berlin (January 1937); Guy
Fawkes' signatures which appeared on his confessions; Orders
sent to the Tower of London by James I on 6 November 1605; Anti-Poor
Law Poster drawn in 1837; Poster produced by the Ministry of
Information in 1940; Evacuation Poster produced in 1939 by the
Ministry of Health; Leaflets about Gas Attacks 1941; Poster produced
for the Ministry of Labour; Notice made in 1939/Feature in a
magazine in 1938.; Telephone conversation between Mr. Cleave
and Captain Denaro ... /A 1941 Poster about Careless Talk; Teachers
Notes; Medieval Map of Chertsey; Map of Chertsey drawn in 20th
Century; Teachers Notes; Telegram sent from the Empire Windrush;
Dudley Yapp; Eric Linton; Obadiah Jones; Mona Baptiste; Jessie
Carton; Charles Wright; Extract from a Factory Inspectors Report;
Companies who broke the law; Photograph of workers in a factory;
Cunduit Street; Upper Clapton Road; WWI Navy Service Record;
Navy Telegram Reporting the Loss of the Indefatigable; A Public
Statement Made by the Navy on the Loss of the Indefatigable;
Private Navy Report on the Loss of the Indefatigable; Introduction
to Operation Foxley; Assassination at Salzburg Railway Station;
Assassination at Berchtesgaden; Maps of Trimdon Grange in 1857
and 1896; Photos of Trimdon Grange circa 1900; An 1881 Census
Return for Trimdon Grange; Drawing of a Miner; Burial Registers
1882; Lists from The Durham Advertiser 1882; Ralph Winns - A
Survivor's Story, 1882; The Official Report 1883/Photo Taken
Inside a Mine; FRC Guide; "Never Been here Before?"
BATTLEFRONT: D-Day; 1st Day Cover; Special Operations Executive
(SOE); Background; SOE Histories; History of SOE 1939-1945; Special
Force Headquarters; D Section; Administrative Directorate and
FANY Corps; Special Duty Squadron in Europe; History of the Jedburghs
in Europe; History of the Naval Section; Special Allied Airborne
Reconnaissance Force (SAARF); SOE Research and Development Section;
History of Security Section; Signals Section; Training Section;
Catalogue References; Summary of Meeting - 30th September 1999;
Fourth Annual Quality Forum for Archives; Preservation Management
Workshop Update; Access to Public Records (PDF); Guidelines on
the Management, Appraisal and Preservation of Electronic Records,
- Links added: PRO Catalogue; Guildhall Library; Links and
Information; OS Gazetteer - Online Search Facility; England GenWeb;
United Kingdom and Ireland Genealogical Events (GENEVA).
8 Nov 1999
- Links added: OS Gazetteer - Online Search Facility; Welsh
Patronymics; Wales GenWeb; United Kingdom and Ireland Genealogical
10 Nov 1999
- Added notes by Arthur French on:
- "Parishes in Devon" (under Church Records)
- "Personal Names in Devon: Family Names as Middle Names"
(under Names, Personal)
12 Nov 1999
- Links added: Cowbridge - Buildings & People.
15 Nov 1999
- West Riding
- Links added: Photographs and Potted History; Christmas Recollections;
The Inclosure Awards of 1761-67; Tithe book of Bolton with Goldthorpe,
1839.; St. Michael and all Angels, Haworth; St. Paul's Church,
Denholme; The Little Houghton Town Book; Worsbrough; Swaithe
Main Colliery; Photographs and Potted History; The Graveyard
and Old Church, Heptonstall; Another view; The Old and New Churches,
Heptonstall]; Wainsgate Baptist Church; St. James' Church, Hebden
Bridge - View 1; St. James' Church, Hebden Bridge - View 2; St.
James' Church, Hebden Bridge - View 3; The Piece Hall, Halifax;
The School at Hebden Bridge; Weavers' Square, Heptonstall; Photographs
and Potted History; Standing Orders for the 65th Regiment (Of
Foot); Land Deed; Barnsley District Poll book; Photographs and
Potted History - North and South Anston; Photographs and Potted
History; Photographs and Potted History; Wales/Kiveton Park.
- New parish page: Long Marton. Links added: Dufton - Church;
Map of the area; Long Marton Church; Parson & White's Directory
- North Riding
- Church photographs added from the area between Scarborough
and Whitby (about 40 in all)
16 Nov 1999
- Mike Brown, of the Dartmoor Press, has kindly donated a Dartmoor
Property Index, to GENUKI.
This provides a full A-Z Listing of over 1600 names of properties,
plots of land, commons, etc., as recorded in the Tithe Apportionments
Surveys of the late 1830s/early 1840s, toqether with their Parishes;
it thus serves as an excellent Dartmoor Gazetteer. It can be
found via links, under "Gazetteers", on the GENUKI/Devon
county page, and the Lydford parish page.
17 Nov 1999
- Links added: Archive, Local Studies and Museums Service;
Canterbury Cathedral; Archives web page.
18 Nov 1999
- Links added: The Black Country Bugle.
19 Nov 1999
- Page added: 1821 Pembrokeshire Map. New parish pages: Amroth;
Bayvil; Begelly; Bosherston; Burton; Camrose; Carew; Castlemartin;
Cilgerran; Eglwyswrw; Fishguard; Freystrop; Haverfordwest; Jeffreyston;
Llanddewi Velfrey; Llandeilo; Llandissilio; Llanfair Nant-Gwyn;
Llan-Gan; Llawhaden; Llys-y-Fran; Meline; Milford Haven; Nevern;
Rudbaxton; Stackpole Elidor; St Davids; St Petrox; St Twynnells.
- Links added: Lancashire in the Domesday book; Blackpool Central
library; Pictures and Information About the Town (Bolton); Immanuel
20 Nov 1999
- Public Record Office
- Links added: Access at Adobe; Latest Update on the 1901 Census;
Project (November 99); Military Nurses and Nursing Services;
Education Service Source Sheets; Learning Curve - Focus on; Cartoons;
Learning Curve - Focus on Domesday Book; Learning Curve - Power,
Politics and Protest; Daddy, What Did; You Do in the Great War?;
Education and Visitor Centre Work; Begins; Monthly Press Releases
for October; Preliminary; Assessment of Benefits; Criteria and
Priorities for; Retro-conversion; HLF Bids Seminar; Job Vacancies
- Book; Conservator; Job Vacancies - Conservation Technician;
Access; to Public Records; Access to Public Records: A Manual
21st Nov 1999
- All parishes now have information about the Nonconformist
chapels, and the location of their records.
22 Nov 1999
- Links added: Familia Pages - North Lanarkshire; Familia Pages
- South Lanarkshire; Avendale Old Parish Church and Drumclog
Memorial Kirk; Stained Glass By Norman M. Macdougall; Preservation
Society; John Tait's Directory of Glasgow 1783-1784; Gorbals
??; Sir Thomas Lipton; Lesmahagow Online; John Steel (a Covenantors'
leader in the area).
- New Parish Pages: Hardingstone; Daventry. Links added/amended:
Northamptonshire Record Office; Index of; Northamptonshire Nonconformist
Chapels; Photograph of Holy; Cross Church..
24 Nov 1999
- Mailing Lists
- Links added: ECKINGTON-ENG; NGS-IRELAND.
- New parish pages: Caldecote; Wood Ditton. Links added: Militia
Lists and Musters 1757-1876; Tudor and Stuart; Muster Rolls;
Cambridgeshire FHS Bookstall.; The Hearth; Tax and other associated
records; Protestation Returns..
- Links added/amended: Guide to Richmond; York Cemetery; Yorksview;
Yorkshire Genweb; 4 Different Land Deeds; Standing Orders for
the 65th Regiment (Of Foot).; List of Officers in the North Yorks
Militia and the Yorkshire Regiment.
25 Nov 1999
- Links added: Miscellaneous Lists etc; Inhabitants of Birmingham
Edgbaston and Aston 1327; Birmingham Volunters; Nominal Roll
and Casualties 31st Warwickshire Birmingham Bn Home Guard; 1800
Birmingham Directory; Blue Coat School list of the subscribers
to the school for 1831; Index to the Blue Coat School 1871; Working
class men and Women in Brum; Churches/Parishes/Districts - Birmingham;
The Antiquities of Birmingham and Aston - Part 1; Aris`s Birmingham
Gazette 1790; Childrens Homes, Orphanages; The Birmingham Riots
of 1791; St Patrick`s Burial Society 1882-1890; Index to the
Birmingham Improvments Act 1828; Birmingham Post 1943; Birmingham
Riot 1791; Testimonial to Mr. Tibbits - 7 Jan 1837; Tysoe Inhabitants
1575-1837; Men and Names of old Birmingham.
27 Nov 1999
- Pages relocated to this address.
28 Nov 1999
- Links added: About Galashiels; Inhabitants in the Burgh of
Selkirk, 16th June 1817; About Selkirk.
- Links added: Map of Ecclesiastical Parishes of Anglesey.
- Links added: Map of Ecclesiastical Parishes of Carnarfonshire.
- Links added: Map of Ecclesiastical Parishes of Merionethshire.
- Links added: Data Wales Maps Page.
- Pages added: Administrative Structure; An 1821 Map of the
County; Towns and Parishes Index. New parish pages for: Aber-Nant;
Betws; Brechfa; Carmarthen; Castelldwyran; Cenarth; Cilrhedyn;
Cil-y-Cwm; Cilymaenllwyd; Conwil Caio; Cyffig; Cynwyl Elfed;
Eglwys Cymyn; Egremont; Henllan Amgoed; Kidwelly; Laugharne;
Llanarthney; Llanboidy; Llandawke; Llanddarog; Llanddeusant;
Llanddowror; Llandeilo Abercywyn; Llandeilo Fawr; Llandingad;
Llandissilio; Llandybie; Llandyfaelog; Llandyfeisant; Llanedi;
Llanegwad; Llanelli; Llanfihangel Cilfargen; Llanfihangel Rhos-y-Corn;
Llangadog; Llan-Gan; Llangathen; Llangeler; Llangendeirne; Llangennech;
Llanglydwen; Llangunnor; Llangynin; Llangynog; Llanllawddog;
Llanllwni; Llan-Non/Llannon; Llanpumsaint; Llansawel; Llansteffan;
Llanwrda; Marros; Meidrim; Myddfai; Pembrey; Pen-Boyr; Pendine;
St Clears; St Ishmael; Talley; Whitland.
- Links/Pages added: Derbyshire's Parishes, 1811; Pigot and
Co's Commercial Directory for Derbyshire; ZIP File - Pigot and
Co's Directory; Derbyshire GenWeb; Derbyshire Probate Records;
Wills of Derbyshire; The Derbyshire Papist Returns of 1705-6;
Derbyshire Record Society Publications; Pigot 1835 - Alfreton;
Pigot 1835 - Allestrey; Pigot 1835 - Ashbourn; Holy Trinity Church;
Pigot 1835 - Ashover; All Saints' Church; Pigot 1835 - Bakewell;
Barlow; St. Lawrence's Church; St. Anne's Church; St Anne's Church;
Pigot 1835 - Belper; Pigot 1835 - Bolsover; St. James' Church;
Kelly's Directory (1891) for Bonsall; St Barnabas the Apostle
Church; Pigot 1835 - Brailsford; St. Peter's Church; Pigot 1835
- Butterley; Postcards of Buxton; Pigot 1835 - Buxton; St Edmund's
Church; Pigot 1835 - Castleton; Pigot 1835 - Chapel-en-le-Frith;
St John the Baptist' Church; St. Mary's Church; The Parish of
Chesterfield, Derbyshire; Photographs of Chesterfield from World
War II; Pigot 1835 - Chesterfield; Independent Chapel; Pigot
1835 - Church Gresley; Sheffield's Last Tram; Pigot 1835 - Crich;
Pigot 1835 - Cubley; All Saints' Church; St Helen's Church; Kelly's
Directory (1891) for Darley; Pigot 1835 - Darley Dale; Pigot
1835 - Derby; Pigot 1835 - Doveridge; Pigot 1835 - Dronfield;
Pigot 1835 - Duffield; St Michael & All Angels' Church; Pigot
1835 - Eckington; St Peter's Church; Pigot 1835 - Etwall; The
History and Antiquities of Eyam; St. Lawrence's Church; St. Lawrence's
Churchyard; St Hugh's Church; Pigot 1835 - Glossop; Methodist
Church; St Giles' Church; Little John's Grave; St Michael &
All Angels' Church; St Matthew's Church; Pigot 1835 - Hayfield;
St Peter's Church; Pigot 1835 - Ilkeston; Names from a history
of Long Eaton & District; Longstone; short verse; Pigot 1835
- Matlock; Pigot 1835 - Measham; Pigot 1835 - Melbourn; St. James'
Church; Pigot 1835 - Mellor; St Leonard's Church; New Brampton;
St Thomas's Church; Pigot 1835 - New Mills; Charles, King &
Martyr Church; Computer generated Surname Index; "Foreign
Marriages" 1727 - 1754; Other Marriages, 1729 - March 1815;
St. Wystsan's Church; Sawley; Pigot 1835 - Shardlow; Pigot 1835
- Spondon; The Parish of Staveley, Derbyshire; Pigot 1835 - Staveley;
Statue of Fair Flora; St. Martin's Church; Singers at the Church;
Pigot 1835 - Stoney Middleton; Tansley; Kelly's Directory (1891)
for Tansley; St Leonard's Church; St. John the Baptist Church;
Inside St John the Baptist' Church; Tideswell Vicars; Pigot 1835
- Tideswell; St Mary's Church; Pigot 1835 - Tissington; Wensley;
Kelly's Directory (1891) for Wensley; Pigot 1835 - Whitwell;
Pigot 1835 - Winster; Pigot 1835 - Wirksworth; All Saints' Church
- Link added: Batsford Links
- Links/Pages added: Bosbury; Coddington; Colwall; Bosbury
War Memorial; Coddington War Memorial; Colwall War Memorial.
29 Nov 1999
- Links amended: Scottish Borders CyberMap.
- Link amended: Scottish Borders CyberMap.
- Links added: Scottish Borders CyberMap; About Galashiels;
Alan Godfrey Maps; Inhabitants in the Burgh of Selkirk, 16th
June 1817; About Selkirk.
30 Nov 1999
- Links amended: Cambridgeshire Surnames List.
- Cardiganshire pages relocated to above address. Page added:
Map of Cardiganshire in 1821 New parish pages: Aberystwyth, St
Michael; Bangor Teifi; Betws Bledrws; Bettws Evan; Betws Leucu;
Blaenpennal; Blaen-porth; Bron-gwyn; Capel Cynon; Cardigan; Cellan;
Cilcennin; Ciliau Aeron; Dihewyd; Eglwys Newydd; Gartheli; Gwnnws;
Henfynyw; Henllan; Lampeter; Llanafan; Llanbadarn Fawr; Llanbadarn
Odwyn; Llanbadarn Trefeglwys; Llanddeiniol; Llanddewi Aber-Arth;
Llanddewibrefi; Llandyfriog; Llandygwydd; Llandysiliogogo; Llandysul;
Llanfair Clydogau; Llanfairorllwyn; Llanfihangel Genau'r-Glyn;
Llanfihangel-y-Creuddyn; Llanfihangel Ystrad; Llangeitho; Llangoedmor;
Llangrannog; Llangwyryfon; Llangybi; Llangynfelyn; Llangynllo;
Llanilar; Llanina; Llanllwchaearn; Llannarth; Llannerch Aeron;
Llanrhystud; Llansanffraid; Llanwenog; Llanwnnen; Llanychaearn;
Llechryd; Lledrod; Mount; Nancwnlle; Penbryn; Rhostie; Silian;
Strata Florida; Trefilan; Tregaron; Tre-main; Troed-yr-Aur; Verwick;
Ysbyty Cynfyn; Ysbyty Ystwyth; Ystradmeurig.
- Link amended: The Black Country Bugle.
1 Dec 1999
- Links amended: Moray GenWeb Page.
- Links amended: Banffshire GenWeb Page.
- Links amended: Shetland GenWeb.
- Links added/amended: 1912 County Directory of Scotland; Scotland
- Links added: Northumberland Poll Book.
- Links added: Herald's Visitation of Somerset in the year
1623; St Peter & St Paul, Baptisms 1662-1902; St Peter &
St Paul, Marriage Banns 1766-1791; St Peter & St Paul, Marriages
1662-1901; Church Seating Plan 1830.
- Links amended: Wiltshire GenWeb.
- Links added/amended: Dorset GenWeb; Herald's Visitation of
Dorset in the year 1623.
- Links added/amended: PRO Catalogue; The Venerable Bede; Royal
Commission on the Historical Monuments of England; Kidon Media-Link:
Newspapers, United Kingdom.
2 Dec 1999
- Pages related to above address.
- Pages related to above address.
- Link amended: Somerset Archive and Record Service.
- Links amended: Lincolnshire GenWeb.
3 Dec 1999
- Pages relocated to above address.
- Pages relocated to above address.
4 Dec 1999
- Mailing Lists
- Links added to details of: ENG-LIVERPOOL
5 Dec 1999
- Links/Pages added: IGI Batch Nos; The 1801 Census: Surrey;
The Hearth Tax, 1664: Surrey.
- Links/pages added/amended: Smythe Family of Essex, circa
1600; Harris and Boetler Families of Essex, circa 1600; Daniel
Lewellin (died 1666) of Chelmsford; Names from the Diary of Ralph
Josselin (1666 - 1683); Name Indexes to Emmison's 5 volume Elizabethan
Life; Home, Work and Land; The wills of Gentry; The wills of
Merchants; The wills of Yeomen; Disorder; Morals and the Church
Court; Societies; Cambridgeshire FHS; East of London FHS; Suffolk
FHS; Abberton; Ardleigh; Ardleigh in 1796; Ashingdon; Photograph
of St. Andrew's Church; Barling; Beaumont-cum-Moze; Bocking;
Names relating to Bocking End Congregational Church; Names from
a history of Braintree and Bocking; Braintree; Brightlingsea;
Canewdon; Photograph of St Nicholas Church; Chelmsford; Colchester;
Cranham; Earls Colne; Fambridge, South; Photograph of All Saints
Church; Horkesley, Great; Prittlewell; Photograph of St. Mary
the Virgin Church; Rochford; Roothings; Southend-on-Sea.
8 Dec 1999
- UK and Ireland
- Links added/amended: PRO Catalogue; On-line Calendar of Saints
Days; Regnal Year Calculator; Hypertext Medieval Glossary; Library
History - The British Isles - To 1850; Reading Latin Documents;
Latin Dictionary and Grammar Aid.
10 Dec 1999
- Public Record Office
- Easy Search facility added.
- Page/Link added: Llanedwen; 1851 Census of Llanedwen.
11 Dec 1999
- Links added: Tower Hamlets Local History Library and Archives;
Ragged School Museum; London Census Surname Indexes; Civil Registration;
Tower Hamlets History On-Line; Tower Hamlets History; Wills in
the LMA and elsewhere; Will Abstracts; Middlesex Towns and Parishes.
- Links/Pages added: Guildhall Library; London Metropolitan
Archives; City of Westminster Archives Centre.; City of London
and Tower Hamlets Cemetery; London Census Surname Indexes; Victorian
City of London Churches; Victorian London Churches; Victorian
London A-Z Street Index; Lost London Street Index; Livery Companies;
Tower Hamlets History On-Line; Collage Portal; Historic maps
of London; London Ancestor Journal; Leigh's New Map of the Environs
of London; Lime Street Ward; Farrington Ward; London Topographical
Society; London GIS; Domestic Service in London, 1861 and 1911;
Infant Mortality in London, 1881; Livery Companies; Livery Company
Membership Guide; The City Livery Companies In The Late Twentieth
Century; Licensed Victuallers records; Corporation of London;
Wills in the LMA and elsewhere; Probate Records at Guildhall
Library; Will Abstracts.
12 Dec 1999
- Links amended: Scottish Borders CyberMap.
- Links added: Aberdour Jurors, 1851; Baptism Register Transcript
- Anstruther Free Church; Baptism Register Transcript - Free
Church; Auchtertool Jurors, 1851; Ballingry Jurors, 1851; Carnock
Jurors, 1851; Baptism Records - Crail Associate Congregation;
Baptism Records - Creich and Flisk Free Church; Index to the
Cupar Sheriff Court Aliment Decrees 1830-1854; Dalgety Jurors,
1851; Baptism Register Transcript - Dunfermline St Margaret's
UP; Baptism Records - Dysart Relief Church 1828-1831; Baptism
Register Transcript - Invertiel; Baptism Register Transcript
- Leslie Associate Congregation; Baptism Register Transcript
- St John; Baptism Register Transcript - Leven Relief Church;
Torryburn Jurors, 1851.
- East Riding
- Links added: Aviation in Filey; The Healthy Air of Filey;
The Climmers; Walkington News.
- Links added to maps and 1829 Directory Extracts for most
- Links added/amended: Birmingham City Archives; Brick Wall
Society/Club; Coventry Gosford Street 1939; Coventry Riot Nov
1831; Kellys 1868 Directory.
- Now has pages for all parishes.
13 Dec 1999
- West Riding
- Links/Pages added: St. Michael and All Angels, Hubberholme;
St. Wilfrid's Church, Burnsall; St. John's Church, Greengates;
St. Mary's Church, Kettlewell; St. Michael; The Tithe Commutation
Act 1836; St. Andrew's Church, Dent; Standing Orders for the
65th Regiment (Of Foot).
- Links added: GenWeb Lancashire.
- Links added: Parochial and Clerical Information; Place-Names
Appearing On The Welsh Map.
14 Dec 1999
- Links/Pages added/amended: Northamptonshire Church Album;
Northamptonshire Local History Directory; Northamptonshire to
Western Victoria; Finedon; Grafton Regis; Irthlingborough; Long
Buckby; Northampton; Polebrook; Rushden; Grafton Regis web page;
1851 Census for Gretton; Index of the 1891 Census for Irthlingborough;
Irthlingborough St. Peter's Historical Society; Long Buckby Information
Centre; Northampton History; History of the telephone in Northampton;
http://www.kester.demon.co.uk/polebrook.htm; Rushden & District
- Links/parishes added: Carmarthenshire County Council's Tourism
pages; Contents of "West Wales Historical Records";
Abergorlech; Betws; Carmarthen Castle; Castell-Dwyran; Cenarth
village; Conwil Elfed; Edwinsford Estate; Eglwys Fair Gwyn Taf;
Kidwelly Castle; Laugharne Castle; Llandefaelog; Llandovery;
Llanfair-ar-y-Bryn; Llanfallteg; Llanfihangel Aberbythych; Llanfihangel
Abercywyn; Llanfihangel-ar-Arth; Llanfynydd; Llangadock; Llangain;
Llan-llwch; Llansadwrn; Llansadwrnen; Llanstephan; Llanwinio;
Llanybydder; Llan-y-Crwys; Merthyr; Mothvey; Mydrim; Newchurch;
Pencarreg; Place Names of Dyfed; Talley Abbey; Tre-Lech a'r Betws.
15 Dec 1999
- Links/Pages added: Alvah; Parish of Alvah by Rev. George
Sangster; Forglen; Parish of Forglen by the Rev. Mr. Robert Ballingall;
Gamrie; Parish of Gamrie by Rev Wilson; Inverkeithny; Parish
of Inverkeithny by The Rev. Mr. John Milne; Marnoch; Parish of
Marnoch by Rev. James Innes; Ordiquhill; Parish of Ordiquhill
by Rev. Robert Ogilvie.
- GENUKI Home Page
- Page added: Access Statistics November 1999.
- Pages relocated to the above address.
- Links/Pages added: Imperial War Museum - Duxford Airfield;
Cambridgeshire Victuallers' Licences; Cambridgeshire Family History
Society; Carlton-cum-Willingham; Castle Camps; Caxton; Cheveley;
Childerley; Chippenham; Christchurch, Upwell; Coldham, Elm; Conington;
Coton; Croxton; East Hatley; Elm; Ely Methodists 1774 - 1932
index; Friday Bridge, Elm; Prickwillow, Ely; Prickwillow Drainage
Engine Museum; Upwell (Cambridgeshire section).
- Links/Pages added: 1851 Census Index; GenWeb - Leicestershire;
Military History; Leicestershire Regiment - Old Photographs;
Society of Genealogists; Allexton; Allexton - Map of the area;
Appleby; Appleby - Map of the area; Ashby Folville; Ashby Folville
- Map of the area; Ashby Magna; Ashby Magna - Map of the area;
Ashby Parva; Ashby Parva - Map of the area; Aston Flamville;
Aston Flamville - Map of the area; Aylestone; Aylestone - Map
of the area; Bagworth; Bagworth - Map of the area; Bardon; Bardon
- Map of the area; Eastwell; 1851 Census of Eastwell transcription.;
1891 Census of Eastwell transcription.; Victor Paul s Eastwell
pages.; A Transcription of Some Eastwell Parish Records; Melton
Web site; Location of Eastwell.
- Links added: National Library of Wales; Description of the
parish of Aber-porth; Description of the parish of Blaen-porth;
Description of Cellan parish; Description of the parish of Gwnnws;
Description of the parish of Henfynyw; Description of the parish
of Henllan; Description of the parish of Llanafan; Descriptions
of Llanbadarn Fawr Townships; Llanddewi Aber-Arth; Description
of Llanddewibrefi parish; Descriptions of Llanddewibrefi Townships;
Description of the parish of Llandyfriog; Description of the
parish of Llandygwydd; Description of Llandysiliogogo parish;
Descriptions of Llandysiliogogo Townships; Description of the
parish of Llandysul; Description of the parish of Llanfair Clydogau;
Llanfair Trelygen; Description of Llanfihangel Genau'r-Glyn parish;
Descriptions of Llanfihangel Genau'r-Glyn Townships; Description
of the parish of Llanfihangel Ystrad; Description of the parish
of Llanfihangel-y-Creuddyn; Description of the parish of Llangeitho;
Description of the parish of Llangoedmor; Description of the
parish of Llangrannog; Description of the parish of Llangwyryfon;
Description of the parish of Llangynllo; Description of the parish
of Llanilar; Description of the parish of Llanarth; Description
of the parish of Llannerch Aeron; Description of the parish of
Llanrhystud; Description of the parish of Llanwenog; Description
of the parish of Llanwnnen; Description of the parish of Llanychaearn;
Description of the parish of Llechryd; Description of Lledrod
16 Dec 1999
- Links added/amended: Glasgow & West of Scotland Family
History Society; Indexing the Records of St. Andrew's Episcopal
Church; Wanlockhead Lead Mining Museum.
- Link added: Virtual Newcastle
17 Dec 1999
- Link amended: ENG-SURREY-L Mailing List.
18 Dec 1999
- West Riding: Transcriptions from Baines' Trade Directory
added (205 files).
19 Dec 1999
- Links added/amended: Lincoln Ecclesiastical Records; Methodism
in Huntingdonshire etc; Immigrant Ships Transcribers Guild; Buckden
- West Riding
- Links added: Land Deed for Silkstone; District of Wrenthorpe.
- North Riding
- Links added: Forcett Baptisms 1813 to 1857, 1857 to 1861,
Burials 1813 to 1898, Marriages 1597 to 1812; Scarborough Detailed
- Links added: Description of Cilcennin parish; Descriptions
of Townships in Llandyfriog parish; Description of the port of
New-Quay; Descriptions of Townships in Llanrhystud parish; Description
of the parish of Penbryn; Description of the parish of Strata
Florida; Description of the parish of Trefilan; Description of
the parish of Tregaron; Descriptions of Townships in Tregaron
parish; Description of the parish of Tre-main; Description of
the parish of Troed-yr-Aur; Description of the parish of Verwick;
Description of the parish of Ysbyty Ystwyth; Description of the
parish of Ystradmeurig.
- Links amended: Sheffield Library; Familia Pages.
20 Dec 1999
- Links added: Family Connections in Northamptonshire.
- Links added: Carmarthen Museum; The West and Wales Web; Carmarthenshire
Place Names and Name Variants; West Wales Historical Records
- Contents Listing, Vols 1-14; Llanegwad website.
- Links added: Bellie, Transcript of 'Parish of Bellie'.
- Links added: Bellie, Transcript of 'Parish of Bellie';
- Boyndie; Transcript of 'Parish of Boyndie'.
- Link amended: About Eyemouth.
- Links added: Familia: Norfolk Libraries; Brancaster Village;
Burnham Deepdale Village; Cromer Museum; 1881 Census Transcript
(PC: Cromer.zip); 1881 Census Transcript (Mac: Cromer.sit.bin);
Feltwell Museum; Feltwell Historical & Archaeological Society;
Finch-Crisp's Chronology; Gt Yarmouth's Seventh Haven; Palmer's
Perlustration; The Rows of Gt Yarmouth; Jewish Cemeteries in
Yarmouth; Gt Yarmouth's Seventh Haven; Gt Yarmouth and District
Archaeological Society; List of Articles in Yarmouth Archaeology
- Parish pages added: Elsworth; Eltisley; Friday Bridge, Elm;
Hardwick; Harlton; Harston.
- Links added: Staunton Park Genealogy Centre.
- Links added to extracts from Lewis' Topographical Dictionary
- Links added: Adlington Anglican Church; Bretherton Anglican
Church; Brindle Anglican Church; Chorley Anglican Churches; Christ
Church, Friezland; Coppull Anglican Churches; Croston Anglican
Church; Douglas Anglican Church; Eccleston Anglican Church; Euxton
21 Dec 1999
- Links added: Description of the county.
- Links amended: The R.C.H.M. Manorial Documents Register.
- Links added: St Peter, Harborne; Smethwick Old Church.
22 Dec 1999
- County Cavan
- New Parish Page: Killinkere. Links added: Tom Moffatt's "Baileborough
Parish" page; Tom Moffatt's "Killinkere Parish"
24 Dec 1999
- Links added: East of London FHS Name Index; East of London
26 Dec 1999
- Links added: Sahara's Wymondham Pages.
27 Dec 1999
- Links added: Pigot's Directory 1837 (Ayr); Pictures of Modern
and Old Beith; Pigot's Directory 1837 (Kilmarnock); Pigot's Directory
30 Dec 1999
- Links added: Boharm; Parish of Boharm by Rev Leslie.
- Links added: Boharm; Parish of Boharm by Rev. Francis Leslie.
[Last updated at 18.00 on Sunday, 31 August 2008, by Colin Hinson ©2008]