BLUNHAM: Geographical and Historical information from the year 1866.
[Transcribed information from The Imperial Gazatteer of England & Wales, 1866-9]
"BLUNHAM, a parish and a village in Biigleswade district, Beds. The village stands on the river Ivel, near the Cambridge and Bedford and the Great Northern railways, 6½ miles E of Bedford; and has a station on the former railway, and a post-office under St. Neot's. It was once a market-town. Pop., 647. Houses, 147. The parish includes also the hamlet of Muggerhanger. Acres, 3,300. Real property, £7,266. Pop., 1,150. Houses, 243. The property is much subdivided. Blunham House and Blunham Park are chief residences; and the former is the seat of Sir C. G. Payne, Bart. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Ely. Value, £731. Patron, Countess Cowper. The church contains monuments of the Longuevilles and the Bussalls; and is good. The p. curacy of Muggerhanger is a separate benefice. There is a Baptist chapel."
[Description(s) transcribed by Craig Pickup ©2002]