DUNTON: Geographical and Historical information from the year 1866.
[Transcribed information from The Imperial Gazatteer of England & Wales, 1866-9]
"DUNTON, a parish in Biggleswade district, Beds; adjacent to the boundary with Herts and Cambridge, 3½ miles ESE of Biggleswade town and railway station. It contains Millo and Newtown; and its post-town is Biggleswade. Acres, 2,840. Real property, £3,090. Pop., 518. Houses, 105. The property is subdivied. Dunton lodge is achief residence. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Ely. Value, £120. Patron, Earl Brownlow. The church has a brass of 1648, and is good. Charities, £5."
[Description(s) transcribed by Craig Pickup ©2002]