FELMERSHAM: Geographical and Historical information from the year 1866.
[Transcribed information from The Imperial Gazatteer of England & Wales, 1866-9]
"FELMERSHAM, a parish and a village in the district and county of Bedford. The village stands on the river Ouse, 2 miles SW of Sharnbrook railway station, and 7 NNW of Bedford; and has a post-office under Bedford. The parish includes also the hamlet of Radwell. Acres, 2.400. Real property, £2,039. Pop., 483. Houses, 110. The property is subdivided. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Ely. Value, £177. Patron, Trinity College, Cambridge. The church contains the brass of a clergyman, and is good. There are a Methodist chapel, and charities £12."
[Description(s) transcribed by Craig Pickup ©2002]