FLITWICK: Geographical and Historical information from the year 1866.
[Transcribed information from The Imperial Gazatteer of England & Wales, 1866-9]
"FLITWICK, a parish in Ampthill district, Beds; on the river Ivel, 2¾ miles S by W of Ampthill, and 4¼ SE of Lidlington railway station. Post-town, Ampthill. Acres, 1,700. Real property, £3,379. Pop., 773. Houses, 167. The property is divided among a few. Flitwick House is the seat of J. T. Brooks, Esq. A small priory, a cell to Dunstable abbey, was founded at Rokesac here in 1170, by Philip de Sannerville. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Ely. Value, £230. Patron, J. T. Brooks, Esq. The church is good; and there is a national school."
[Description(s) transcribed by Craig Pickup ©2002]