HARLINGTON: Geographical and Historical information from the year 1866.
[Transcribed information from The Imperial Gazatteer of England & Wales, 1866-9]
"HARLINGTON, a parish in Woburn district, Beds; 5¾ miles S of Ampthill, and 6¼ N by E of Dunstable railway station. Post-town, Toddington, under Dunstable. Acres, 1,815. Real property, £3,775. Pop., 529. Houses, 108. The property is not much divided. Woodend was the seat of the Astrey family. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Ely. Value, £143. Patron, Major C. Cooper. The church is decorated English; and consists of nave and chancel, with an embattled tower. Charities, £9."
[Description(s) transcribed by Craig Pickup ©2002]