KEYSOE: Geographical and Historical information from the year 1831.
[Transcribed information from A Topographical Dictionary of England - Samuel Lewis - 1831]
(unless otherwise stated)
" KEYSOE, a parish in the hundred of STODDEN, county of BEDFORD, 4½ miles (south-south-west) from Kimbolton, containing 649 inhabitants. The living is a discharged vicarage, in the archdeaconry of Bedford, and diocese of Lincoln, rated in the king's books at £8, endowed with £200 private benefaction, and £200 royal bounty, and in the patronage of the Master and Fellows of Trinity College, Cambridge. The church is dedicated to St. Mary. There is a place of worship for Baptists."
[Description(s) transcribed by Martin Edwards ©2003 and later edited by Colin Hinson ©2013]