LOWER GRAVENHURST: Geographical and Historical information from the year 1866.
[Transcribed information from The Imperial Gazatteer of England & Wales, 1866-9]
"LOWER GRAVENHURST, a parish in Ampthill district, Beds; 3½ miles SW of Shefford railway station, and 5½ ESE of Ampthill. Post-town, Silsoe, under Ampthill. Acres, 1,240. Real property, with Upper Gravenhurst, £2,340. Rated property of L. G. alone, £613. Pop., 60. Houses, 13. The property is divided among a few. There are extensive brick-works. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Ely. Value, £243. Patron, the Lord Chancellor. The church was rebuilt, in 1400, by R. de Bilhemore; has a brass of him; and is good."
[Description(s) transcribed by Craig Pickup ©2002]