PAVENHAM: Geographical and Historical information from the year 1866.
[Transcribed information from The Imperial Gazatteer of England & Wales, 1866-9]
"PAVENHAM, (or PAVINGHAM,) a parish and a village in the district and county of Bedford. The village stands on the river Ouse, 2½ miles NW of Oakley railway station and 5½ NW of Bedford; and has a post-office under Bedford. The parish comprises 1,340 acres. Real property, £2,905. Pop., 536. Houses, 116. The property is divided among a few. The manor belongs to C. Alston, Esq. Pavenham Bury is the seat of J. Tucker, Esq. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Ely. Value, £200. Patron, J. Tucker, Esq. The church has aisles, S transept, and tower and spire; and contains very fine oak carvings. There are two Methodist chapels and a Church of England school."
[Description(s) transcribed by Craig Pickup ©2002]