POTSGROVE: Geographical and Historical information from the year 1898.
"POTSGROVE, (or Pottesgrove) a parish and village, lying between and about a mile from each of the roads from Dunstable to Fenny Stratford and Newport Pagnell, 5 miles south from Woburn Sands station on the Bedford and Bletchley branch of the Northwestern railway, 2½ south from Woburn and 6½ north-east from Leighton Buzzard, in the Southern division of the county, hundred of Manshead, petty sessional division and union of Woburn, county court district of Leighton Buzzard, rural deanery of Fleete, archdeaconry of Bedford and diocese of Ely.
The soil is loam; subsoil, clay and limestone and rock in places. The chief crops are wheat and pasture. The area is 3,513 acres ; rateable value, £3,293 ; the population in 1891 was 504 in the civil and 424 in the ecclesiastical parish. HINWICK is a hamlet, 1 mile south."