[Transcribed and edited information from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland - 1868]
"RAVENSDEN, a parish in the hundred of Barford, county Bedford, 4 miles north-east of Bedford, its post town. The village, which is of small extent, is wholly agricultural. The surface is rather hilly, and the soil clayey. The tithes were commuted for land and a money payment under an Enclosure Act in 1809. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Ely, value £100. The church, dedicated to All Saints, is an ancient structure of stone with a square embattled tower containing five bells. The parochial charities produce about £8 per annum. There is a National school adjoining the church. The Wesleyans have a place of worship."
"CHURCH END, in the parish of Ravensden, adjoining Ravensden to the south."
"NORTHFIELDS, a hamlet in the parish of Ravensden, county of Bedfordshire, ¼ mile north east of Ravensden."
"TILWICK, a farmhouse in the parish of Ravensden, county of Bedfordshire, 2 miles north of Ravensden."
[Transcribed from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland 1868]
by Colin Hinson ©2013