SALFORD: Geographical and Historical information from the year 1866.
[Transcribed information from The Imperial Gazatteer of England & Wales, 1866-9]
"SALFORD, a parish in Woburn district, Beds; 2 miles N by E of Worburn-Sands railway station, and 4 N by W of Worburn. Post-town, Woburn. Acres, 900. Real property, £1,620. Pop., 264. Houses, 65. The manor belongs to the representatives of the Chernocke family. The living is a vicarage, annexed to Holcott, in the diocese of Ely. The church is ancient but good. Charities, £40."
[Description(s) transcribed by Craig Pickup ©2002]