SHELTON: Geographical and Historical information from the year 1835.
[Transcribed information from A Topographical Dictionary of England - Samuel Lewis - 1835]
(unless otherwise stated)
"SHELTON, a parish in the hundred of STODDEN, county of BEDFORD, 4 miles (W. by N.) from Kimbolton, containing 129 inhabitants. The living is a rectory, in the archdeaconry of Bedford, and diocese of Lincoln, rated in the king's books at £13, and in the patronage of Lord St. John. The church is dedicated to St. Mary. This parish has the privilege of sending five boys to the free school which was founded, in 1702, by Joseph Neale, in the adjoining parish of Nether Dean."
[Description(s) transcribed by Mel Lockie ©2010]