SHELTON: Geographical and Historical information from the year 1866.
[Transcribed information from The Imperial Gazatteer of England & Wales, 1866-9]
"SHELTON, a parish in the district of St. Neots and county of Bedford; 4½ miles W by N of Kimbolton railway station. Post-town, Kimbolton, under St. Neots. Acres, 1,080. Real property, £897. Pop., 143. Houses, 27. The manor belongs to T. Harris, Esq. The livig is a rectory in the diocese of Ely. Value, £200. Patron, Lord St. John. The church is ancient."
[Description(s) transcribed by Craig Pickup ©2002]