SUNDON: Geographical and Historical information from the year 1866.
[Transcribed information from The Imperial Gazatteer of England & Wales, 1866-9]
"SUNDON, a parish in Luton district, Beds; 4 miles NE of Dunstable railway station. It has a postal pillar-box under Dunstable. Acres, 2,160. Real property, £2,631. Pop., 450. Houses, 100. Most of the land belongs to the executors of Sir E. H. Turner, Bart. The living is a vicarage, united with Streatley, in the diocese of Ely. Value, £163. Patrons, the Trustees of Sir E. H. Turner, BArt. The church is early English. There is a Wesleyan chapel."
[Description(s) transcribed by Craig Pickup ©2002]