TILBROOK: Geographical and Historical information from the year 1866.
[Transcribed information from The Imperial Gazatteer of England & Wales, 1866-9]
"TILBROOK, a parish in the district of St. Neots and county of Bedford; 1½ mile NW of Kimbolton railway station. Post-town, Kimbolton, under St. Neots. Acres, 1,680. Real property, £1,945. Pop., 329. Houses, 78. The manor belongs to Lord St. John. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Ely. Value, £388. Patron, Lord St. John. The church is good. There are Moravian and Wesleyan chapels, and a national school."
[Description(s) transcribed by Craig Pickup ©2002]