Hide

St Michael & All Angels, Aston Sandford, Church of England

hide
Hide
image
Hide

St Michael & All Angels,
Aston Sandford

Hide
topup

Church History

The Parish Church of St Michael, stands at the east end of the village, it is built of squared, coursed limestone rubble, with dressings of limestone and shelly oolite; the roof is tiled. The Chancel inclines towards the north and appears to have been rebuilt in the 13th century. The nave although all the original work has been re-cut and re-set is probably of an earlier date, and the church was virtually rebuilt in the 19th century. The South Porch is eighteenth century and the North Vestry and West Bell-Cot are modern, the latter having been completely renovated as lately as 1998/9.

There are three bells, the first is early 15th century, cast at Wokingham foundry, inscribed 'Sancte Toma Or', the second, is 1675, by Ellis and Henry Knight, and the third, is early 15th century, once again cast at Wokingham foundry, inscribed 'Sancte Clemes Ora Pro Nobis'. There is a locker in the north wall of the chancel, it is rectangular, with rebated edges.

topup

Maps

It is located at SP7564407870 (Lat/Lon 51.764409, -0.905286). You can see this on maps provided by:

Hide
hide