In 1927 "The Victoria History of the Counties of England: Buckinghamshire" states as follows:
This parish covers 1528 acres, of which 1229 acres are permanent grass, 229 arable and 28 woods and plantations. The soil is clay, the subsoil limestone.The chief crops are wheat, oats, beans and barley. The parish is well-watered, and the low lying land in the north-west, where the Ouse forms the boundary, is liable to flood. A stream that enters the parish on the south-east runs through it in a north-westerly direction, finally joining the River Ouse. Closely parallel to this stream is the road along which straggles the village, its north end bounded by a crossroad, on the far side of which stands the church of St Mary. The land near the river lies low, usually less than 200 feet above the ordnance datum, but on each side of the village it rises to over 300 feet. Hill Farm and Beachampton Grove also stand high. [© copyright of the editors of The Victoria Histories of the Counties of England]
Bechampton, in the hundred and deanery of Buckingham, lies about six miles north-east of the county town, and about three miles south-west of Stony Stratford. The manor passed either by purchase or inheritance, through the families of Fitz-Richard, Bechampton, Wolf, Edy, Foster and Pigott. Thomas Pigott sold it, about the year 1609, to Sir Thomas Bennet, Lord Mayor of London. Sir Simon Bennet, his son, whose principal residence was at Bechampton, was created a baronet in 1627: this Sir Simon was a great benefactor to the poor, and to University College in Oxford: the title became extinct at his death, which happened in 1631. The manor of Bechampton, after having been possessed by his nephew, descended by a female heir to the noble family of Cecil, and is now the property of the Marquis of Salisbury. The remains of the mansion, which was the seat of the Bennets, have been converted into a farm-house; the great hall is standing.
[Correction/Addition at the end of Magna Britannia states "The Bennets of Bechampton were collateral ancestors of the Earl of Tankerville."]
In the parish church are some monuments of the Bennet family, among which is that of Sir Simon Bennet, put up by University College more than 100 years after his death: it was erected not long after the publication of Browne Willis's history of the hundred of Buckingham, in which, the intention of the college is mentioned, and much blame imputed to them for having delayed it so long.
The rectory of Beachampton was formerly in moieties; patronage of one of these was given by Robert Fitz-Neale to the priory of Luffield, in 1329; the other was in the lord of the manor: in 1470 they were united, on condition of alternate presentation. Since the reformation, the advowson has been wholly in the lords of the manor.
Mr William Elmer, who died in 1652, by his will, bearing date 1648, founded a free grammar-school in this parish. The school-house, built out of the profits of the estate, was finished in 1667. By the founder's will, the master must be a single man, and reside at the school-house; the school is endowed with lands, (now let at 43l. per annum) charged with the payment of 40s. per annum each, to eight poor men, and 20s. per annum to eight poor women; three of the men, and as many of the women, must be inhabitants of Bechampton. Mt. Elmer gave also 5l. per annum to apprentice a child, and some lands for the relief of the poor, the repair of highways, etc.