In 1927 "The Victoria History of the Counties of England: Buckinghamshire" states as follows:
Bierton parish lies in the Vale of Aylesbury, to the north-east of Aylesbury parish. It contains 2476.5 acres, which are mainly laid down in permanent grass, only about 369 acres being arable land. The population is mainly employed on grazing farms; duck-breeding is also carried on to a very considerable extent. The subsoil is Portland Beds and Kimmeridge Clay, the surface clay. The land lies for the most part between 200 ft. and 300 ft. above the Ordnance datum, the highest point point being only 214 ft. The parish is well watered; Thistle Brook forms the northern boundary, and various streams rise near the hamlet of Broughton, flowing northwards. There is a moat at Manor Farm. The Aylesbury branch of the Grand Junction Canal also crosses the parish. The village of Bierton lies about a mile and a half from Aylesbury, on the main road to Leighton Buzzard. A branch road turns off at the north end of the village to Hulcott. The village spreads along the road, and is composed of modern houses, with one or two of an older date, which are not of any particular interest. The church lies at the south-west end of the village, and is surrounded by a small churchyard, with a detatched portion, now used, to the east. The hamlet of Burcott almost forms a part of the village, and consists of a few cottages and farm houses. Broughton, another hamlet, comprises a row of small cottages. The Aylesbury branch of the London and North-Western Railway crosses the parish, and the nearest station is at Aylesbury. The most important house is Bierton House, the residence of Mr. J. W. Grist. Various neolithic implements and a British urn have been dug up at different times. The parishes of Bierton and Hulcott were inclosed under the same Act of Parliament, and the award is dated 15 July 1780. [© copyright of the editors of The Victoria Histories of the Counties of England]
Bierton, or Burton, in the hundred of Aylesbury and deanery of Wendover, lies about a mile and a half north-east of the town of Aylesbury: Sir John Pakington had a manor in this parish, which has been, from time immemorial, an appendage to that of Aylesbury, and was purchased with it in 1801, by the Marquis of Buckingham. Another manor, called from a family who possessed it in the reign of Edward II. Bierton-Stonors, with Wandesford, is also the property of the Marquis of Buckingham. A third manor has always passed with that of Hulcot, and is now the property of John Baker esq.
The dean and chapter of Lincoln are patrons of the vicarage, which is in their peculiar jurisdiction. Sir George Lee is lessee of the rectory, under the dean and chapter.
In this parish is a large hamlet called Broughton. The manor of Broughton formerly belonged to the Lords Lovell and Holland, and, at an earlier period, probably to the family of Staveley, it being called the manor of Broughton-Staveley, otherwise Broughton-Hollands. It has been of late years in the Pakingtons, and was sold by Sir John Pakington, in 1801, to the Marquis of Buckingham. The manor of Broughton-Abbots, which extends into the parish of Hulcot, belongs to the trustees of the grammar-school at Aylesbury.
The parishes of Bieton and Hulcot have been inclosed by an act of parliament, passed in 1779, when allotments of land were assigned in lieu of the rectorial and vicarial tithes. Rent charges were allotted in lieu of the tithes of the Aylesbury school inclosure, and an allotment of land was given to the poor as a compensation for their rights.