Bradwell was described in 1806 in "Magna Britannia" as follows:
BRADWELL, in the hundred and deanery of Newport, lies about three miles to the east of Stony-Stratford. The manor was given in1165, by King Henry II. to the family of Keynes, from whom it passed by female heirs to the Aylesburys and Staffords: Sir Humphrey Stafford sold it in 1570 to Michael Coles, who soon afterwards conveyed it to Roger Fuller. From Mr. Fuller's family it passed by marriage to that of Mercer, and is now the property of William Bailey esq. who purchased it of the Mercers.
In the parish church is a monument for Sir Joseph Alston, of Bradwell Abbey, (in the adjoining parish of Wolverton,) who died in 1688: an ancient inscription, between the nave and chancel, shews that the church was dedicated to St. Lawrence. The church of Bradwell was given, in 1275, to the priory of Tickford; the vicarage, which has been endowed with the great tithes, is now in the gift of the crown. This parish has been enclosed by an act of parliament, passed in 1788: the lands were not exonerated from tithes.
Bradwell Abbey was also described in 1806 in "Magna Britannia" in the section on Wolverton as follows:
The priory of Bradwell adjoining to this parish, the site of which is now deemed extraparochial, was founded in the reign of King Stephen, for black monks, by Manfelin, Baron of Wolverton: it was dedicated to the Virgin Mary, and was originally a cell to Luffield. In 1526 it was given with other small monasteries to Cardinal Wolsey; after his attainder, the king granted it with the manor, in the year 1531, to the prior and convent of Sheen: the site was granted after the reformation, to Arthur Longueville esq. From the Longuevilles it passed by purchase to the Lawrences, in 1647; and from them, in 1664, to Sir Joseph Alston bart. then of Chelsea, who made Bradwell Abbey his residence: after his death it was successively in the families of Fuller and Owen. About the year 1730 the Bradwell Abbey estate was purchased by Sir Charles Gunter Nicholl, K.B. whose only daughter and heir married the late Earl of Dartmouth: it is now vested in their son, the present earl. The site of the abbey, of which there are no remains, is occupied as a farm-house.