In 1642 there were 38 people named in the tax returns for contributions for Ireland. Between them they were assessed at £2.14.4 of which sum Thos. Bunce curate and Mr Thos. Phillipps contributed £0.10.0 each.
In 1798 the Posse Comitatus listed 63 men between the ages of 16 and 60 in Ickford.
In the earliest government census of 1801, there were 186 inhabitants in 68 families living in 45 houses recorded in Ickford.
Ickford (part of ***)
* = No names were recorded in census documents from 1801 to 1831.
** = Census documents from 1911 to 2001 are only available in summary form. Names are witheld under the 100 year rule.
***= The remainder is in Oxfordshire (Ewelme Hundred). The entire population is shown in Buckinghamshire, 1801-31.
Microfilm copies of all census enumerators' notebooks for 1841 to 1891 are held at the Local Studies Libraries at Aylesbury and Milton Keynes, as well as centrally at the PRO. A table of 19th century census headcount by parish is printed in the VCH of Bucks, Vol.2, pp 96-101.
Availability of census transcripts and indexes.
- 1851 - Full transcripts and indexes for Buckinghamshire are available on CD-ROM, hard copy and microfiche from the Buckinghamshire Family History Society.
- 1861 - Available on CD-ROM with advanced search and mapping capabilities etc. from the Buckinghamshire Genealogical Society.
- Available on CD-ROM from the Church of the Latter Day Saints, as part of the National 1881 Census Index.
- Available on CD-ROM for Buckinghamshire, with advanced search and mapping capabilities etc. from Drake Software.
- 1891 - Available on CD-ROM with advanced search and mapping capabilities etc. from the Buckinghamshire Genealogical Society.