WESTON-TURVILLE, in the hundred of Aylesbury and deanery of Wendover, lies about three miles and a half to the south-east of Aylesbury, between the roads to Tring and Wendover. It derived its distinguishing name from a family who possessed the manor in the reign of king John. The king is now Lord Paramount in right of the duchy of Lancaster, and there at least three subordinate manors in this parish. One of these was in the Mowbrays, afterwards in the Penns, and is now by female descent the property of Lord Curzon.
Another manor belongs to the mercers company, to whom it was given by Dr. John Colet, Dean of St. Paul's, in trust for charitable purposes.
The manors of Botelers and Molins have been long united. The former belonged to the Botelers, who gave name to it, and passed from them to the Talbots Earls of Shrewsbury. Molins was the property of Sir John Molins, who had the king's licence to embattle his house at Turville in 1331. From him it passed by inheritance to the families of Hungerford and Hastings. Both these manors belonged to the Windsor family in the reign of Queen Elizabeth, and afterwards for many years to the Hills. They are now the property of Mrs. Tomkins, whose husband's family became possessed of them about the middle of the last century. The manor of Broughton-Stavely, alias Broughton-Holland, lately belonging to Sir John Pakington, and now by a recent purchase to the Marquis of Buckingham, extends over a part of this parish. The rectory is in the gift of the warden and scholars of All Souls College in Oxford, who purchased the advowson of the Hills about the year 1704. The parish of Weston-Turville has beeen inclosed by an act of parliament passed in 1798, when an allotment of land was assigned to the rector in lieu of tithes.
Bedgrove is a hamlet of this parish.