From The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland(1868). Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003.
|All Saints, Didcot, Church of England|
|St Frideswide (The Barn), Didcot, Church of England|
|St Peter, Didcot, Church of England|
|Didcot Baptist, Didcot, Baptist|
|English Martyrs, Didcot, Roman Catholic|
Further information about some of the churches can be found below:
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Didcot to another place.
- Didcot was in the hundred of Moreton
You can see the administrative areas in which Didcot has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SU530905 (Lat/Lon: 51.610845, -1.236007), Didcot which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)
Didcot was in the Wallingford Union. For more information, see Poorhouses.