From The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland(1868). Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003.
|Primitive Methodist, East Garston Woodlands, Primitive Methodist|
|Primitive Methodist, East Garston, Primitive Methodist|
|Wesley Methodist Church, East Garston, Wesleyan Methodist|
|Friends Meeting House, East Garston, Society of Friends|
Further information about some of the churches can be found below:
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from East Garston to another place.
- East Garston was in the hundreds of Lambourn & Moreton
You can see the administrative areas in which East Garston has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SU366768 (Lat/Lon: 51.48897, -1.474252), East Garston which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)
East Garston was in the Hungerford Union. For more information, see Poorhouses.