From The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland(1868). Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003.
|Holy Innocents, East Shefford, Church of England|
|St Stephen, Shefford Woodlands, Church of England|
|St Thomas, East Shefford, Church of England|
|East Shefford, Independent|
Further information about some of the churches can be found below:
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from East Shefford to another place.
- East Shefford was in the hundred of Kintbury Eagle
You can see the administrative areas in which East Shefford has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SU386743 (Lat/Lon: 51.46636, -1.44572), East Shefford which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)
East Shefford was in the Hungerford Union. For more information, see Poorhouses.