From The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland(1868). Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003.
Further information about some of the churches can be found below:
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Inkpen to another place.
- Inkpen was in the hundred of Kintbury Eagle
You can see the administrative areas in which Inkpen has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SU362638 (Lat/Lon: 51.37211, -1.481337), Inkpen which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- Old Maps Online
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)
Inkpen was in the Hungerford Union. For more information, see Poorhouses.