Extra-Parochial places for Berkshire
"BAGLEY WOOD, an extra-parochial liberty in the hundred of Hormer, in the county of Berks, 3 miles S. from Oxford. This wood was formerly of great extent, and includes the site of the original abbey of Abingdon."
"CHANDLINGS, an extra-parochial place in the hundred of Hormer, in the county of Berks, near Abingdon.
"SANDLEFORD PRIORY, an extra parochial place in the hundred of Faircross, county Berks, 2 miles S. of Newbury. It is situated on the river Emborne, and was once the site of a priory founded by Geoffrey Earl of Perche, in 1200."
"SEACOURT, an extra parochial place in the hundred of Hormer, county Berks, 3 miles N.W. of Oxford."
"WALLINGFORD CASTLE PRECINCTS, an extra parochial place in the borough of Wallingford, county Berks."
From The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868)
Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003