From Kelly's Directory of Berkshire, 1915, transcribed by Robert Monk ©2011
Other descriptions can be found from other periods in various trade directories covering Berkshire from the early 19th century onwards from Berkshire FHS (members only) and from A Vision of Britain Through Time.
|Holy Trinity, Sunningdale, Church of England|
|St Agnes mission church, Sunningdale, Church of England|
|Sacred Heart, Sunningdale, Roman Catholic|
Further information about some of the churches can be found below:
- Congregational Church from Berkshire FHS founded 1865 now closed and turned into housing in the 1970s. For early history, see The History of the Congregational Churches in the Berks, etc
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Sunningdale to another place.
- Sunningdale was in the hundred of Ripplesmere
You can see the administrative areas in which Sunningdale has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SU953675 (Lat/Lon: 51.398539, -0.631493), Sunningdale which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- Old Maps Online
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)
Sunningdale was in the Windsor Union. For more information, see Poorhouses.