"SUNNINGDALE was formed into a civil parish in March 1894 from the parish of Old Windsor; the village is situated on the Basingstoke and Reading roads, with a station on the Reading and Staines branch of the South Western Railway, 26 miles from London, 7 miles sout from Windsor, 5 south-west from Old Windsor, in the Eastern division of the county, Windsor petty sessional division and union, couty court district of Chertsey, rural deanery of Maidenhead, archdeaconry of Berks and diocese of Oxford. The ecclesiastical parish was formed in 1841 from portions of Old Windsor, Windlesham, Sunninghill, Egham and Chobham. The church of Holy Trinity, partially re-built in 1887-8, at a cost of about £7,347, is an edifice of brick and Bath stone in the Early English style, and consists of chancel, nave of five bays, aisles, transepts, north porch and central tower containing a clock and one bell: it affords 600 sittings. The register dates from the year 1841. The living is a vicarage, net yearly value £248 with 7 acres of glebe and residence, in the gift of the Bishop of Oxford."
From Kelly's Directory of Berkshire, 1915
, transcribed by Robert Monk ©2011
Other descriptions can be found from other periods in various trade directories covering Berkshire from the early 19th century onwards and from A Vision of Britain Through Time.