"TIDMARSH, a parish in the hundred of Theale, county Berks, 7 miles W. of Reading, its post town, and 1 mile S.W. of Pangbourne. The village is situated on a branch of the river Thames, near the Great Western railway. The living is a rectory* in the diocese of Oxford, value £223. The church, dedicated to St. Lawrence, contains two old brasses. The parochial charities produce about £18 per annum. The Park is the principal residence. J. Hopkins, Esq., is lord of the manor."
From The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland(1868). Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003.
Other descriptions can be found from other periods in various trade directories covering Berkshire from the early 19th century onwards and from A Vision of Britain Through Time.