Waltham St Laurence
From The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland(1868). Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003.
Other descriptions can be found from other periods in various trade directories covering Berkshire from the early 19th century onwards from Berkshire FHS (members only) and from A Vision of Britain Through Time.
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Waltham St Laurence to another place.
- Waltham St Lawrence was in the hundred of Wargrave
You can see the administrative areas in which Waltham St Laurence has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SU832753 (Lat/Lon: 51.470559, -0.803551), Waltham St Laurence which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- Old Maps Online
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)
Waltham St Lawrence was in the Cookham Union. For more information, see Poorhouses.