"WARFIELD, a parish in the hundred of Wargrave, county Berks, 3 miles from Bracknell, its post town, 6 N.E. of Wokingham, and 9 from Windsor. The village is situated near Windsor Forest, of which it once formed part. The parish includes the hamlet of New Bracknell. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Oxford, value £200. The church, dedicated to St. Michael, has an E. window and an old brass of one of the Staverton family, whose mausoleum is on the N. side of the chancel. There is also the district church of Bracknell, the living of which is a perpetual curacy The parochial charities produce about £43 per annum, besides Harvey's bequest of £200, which has been expended in the erection of a school-house. Lord Braybrooke is lord of the manor and sole landowner."
From The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland(1868). Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003.
Other descriptions can be found from other periods in various trade directories covering Berkshire from the early 19th century onwards and from A Vision of Britain Through Time.