"WEST HENDRED, (or Little Hendred), a parish in the hundred of Wantage, county Berks. It contains East Ginge and Sparsholt Court. The living is a vicarage* in the diocese of Oxford, value £613, in the patronage of Corpus Christi College, Oxford. The church is dedicated to the Holy Trinity. The parochial charities produce about £4 per annum.
"EAST GINGE, a tything in the parish of West Hendred, hundred of Wantage, county Berks, 3 miles S.E. of Wantage.
From The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland(1868). Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003.
Other descriptions can be found from other periods in various trade directories covering Berkshire from the early 19th century onwards and from A Vision of Britain Through Time.