BARRINGTON: Geographical and Historical information from the year 1835.
[Transcribed information from A Topographical Dictionary of England - Samuel Lewis - 1835]
(unless otherwise stated)
"BARRINGTON, a parish in the hundred of WETHERLEY, county of CAMBRIDGE, 6 miles (S. W. by S.) from Cambridge, containing 483 inhabitants. The living is a discharged vicarage, in the archdeaconry and diocese of Ely, rated in the king's books at £7.14. 4., endowed with £200 private benefaction, and £200 royal bounty, and in the patronage of the Master and Fellows of Trinity College, Cambridge. The church is dedicated to All Saints. The Master and Fellows pay £6 per annum towards the support of a school for poor children."
[Description(s) transcribed by Mel Lockie ©2010]