Cambridge St Edward
"CAMBRIDGE ST. EDWARD, a parish in the town of Cambridge."
- Monumental inscriptions in the churchyard for the years 1614-1870 reside in the Cambridgeshire Archives. A register of graves exists for Mill Road cemetery 1849-1950. The monumental inscriptions for the churchyard are available, on microfiche, from the Cambridgeshire Family History Society Publications list (search)
- The Census Records from 1841-1891 can be found in the Cambridgeshire Archives. In addition the 1841 and 1851 Census for Cambridge is available in indexed form, on microfiche, from the Cambridgeshire Family History Society Publications list (search)
- "St. Edward's church, in St. Edward's passage, opposite to King's College, is an ancient building of stone in the Early English and later styles, consisting of chancel, with side chapels, nave, aisles and an embattled western tower containing 6 bells: there are several interesting monuments and 280 sittings, of which 10 are free. The register dates from the year 1557, and records the death of Elinor Bowman, 17 Aug. 1650, at the age of 112 years. The living is donative, net yearly value £64, in the gift of the Master and Fellows of Trinity Hall, and held since 1893 by the Rev. Frederick Watson D.D. of St. John' s College, Cambridge, hon. canon of Ely and examining chaplain to the Bishop of St. Alban's." [Kelly's Directory - 1900]
- Church of England
- Cambridge St Edward: Records of baptisms 1796-1981, marriages 1754-1958, burials 1796-1956, and banns 1754-1968 reside in the Cambridgeshire Archives, earlier records are at present missing. The Bishop's Transcripts for the years 1600-40, 1662-66, 1712-1864 can be found in the Cambridge University Library. Indexed transcripts exist in the Cambridge Record Office for for baptisms 1558-1840, marriages 1559-1837 and burials 1558-1837.
- Please see the Cambridge page for the gazetteers.
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Cambridge St Edward to another place.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference TL448583 (Lat/Lon: 52.203912, 0.117513), Cambridge St Edward which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)