[Transcribed and edited information mainly from Kelly's Directory of Cambridgeshire 1929]
"CHRISTCHURCH is an ecclesiastical parish formed from Upwell in 1869. The name of Christchurch has since been given to the part of Upwell civil parish which remained in 1990 after the Cambridgeshire part of Upwell was transferred to Norfolk."
"CHRISTCHURCH is an ecclesiastical parish is the Isle of Ely and rural deanery of March, 4 miles south from the mother church and 3 north-east from Stonea station on the March and Ely section of the London and North Eastern railway: the church is a cruciform edifice of brick, with coloured facings, consisting of chancel, nave, transepts, south porch and a turret con-taining one bell: there are three stained windows, and the church affords 400 sittings. The register dates from the year 1866." [Kelly's Directory - Cambridgeshire - 1929]
Christchurch: Records of banns are still held at the church from its inception. The records for baptisms 1863-1947, marriages 1865-2002, banns 1889-2002 and burials 1865-1947 reside in the Cambridgeshire Archives. The current records, beyond these dates, are still held at the church as well as banns to 1889.